Planning Ahead? {internships}

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Are you like me and you're trying to figure out what in the world to do this Summer? Maybe you have ideas, but when it comes down to it, you're stuck. I know Summer seems far far away (It currently feels like Antarctica), but it's never too early to plan.
City Year told us about this program: H'UNIVERSITY and I applied right away! The program provides a series of webinars from entrepreneurs and business people. They have office hours in Union Square (the best area in the city) and after the 6 sessions are over, they will help you land an interview at some amazing companies.
p.s. you don't have to live in NYC to participate

WHAT IS H'UNIVERSITY?
Part resume builder, part internship matchmaker, H'university connects you to leaders at some of the coolest companies around and gets your foot in the door at those companies. The online/offline curriculum is a combination of practical webinars taught by your professional crushes as well as on-campus challenges that apply what you’re learning. H’university exists to prepare you for and propel you into your first internship or job.
These businesses seem especially cool to me:
Poppin / Pencils of Promise / Thinkful
One Day, One Internship | Internship for college students

I have also subscribed to One Day One Internship. They send internship opportunities to my email everyday. The internships are designed for college students so if you aren't in a rush and want to explore what kind of internships are out there, I would encourage you to subscribe. Click here
.
I hope this was helpful! Let me know if you have internship resources too!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs