My Story

Saturday, February 1, 2014

You can find out a lot about me just by reading this blog or checking out my "about me" page. My faith is a significant part of my life and it's something that I have a hard time putting into words. I believe Christianity should be played out in life and that people shouldn't only know that I am a Christian because I say so. But testimonies are cool, and everyone has a different story for how they got to where they are. I wanted to share my brief testimony with you so you have a better idea of who I am and why I call myself a Christian.
photo taken at the Urban Refuge

I have had a relationship with God since I was little. My parents have faithfully followed Christ for many years, and their hearts for God led me to pursue a relationship with Christ. Over the last years I have matured in my faith, and I have been able to grasp and apply scripture to shape a Biblical worldview that I can stand on. God is teaching me to have more than a Sunday-school faith: He desires a relationship with me that will remain solid for a lifetime.

As a freshman in high school I made the decision to be baptized. I did this because I wanted to let those close to me know that Jesus is king of my life and that I was committed to Him. Baptism was my of sealing the deal about who I was going to follow. I knew that having the Lord in my life was the only way I would live a meaningful and holy life. 

 "And Peter said to them, Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." Acts 2:38

God is showing me that a  relationship means taking the time to meditate on and obey His Word: His way of communicating with me. The book of James tells me to “be a doer of the word and not a hearer only.” I am convicted to show others Jesus, to trust God in everything, and to serve because of Jesus’ love. My faith in God continues to grow as I learn more about Him, and my relationship with God will never end. I hit many bumps along the way- we all do- but I know God is sovereign in everything and my mistakes only make me remember my need for Him.

 Blog Everyday in February

2 comments :

  1. This is so beautiful! I will be sharing on Twitter. Thank you so much for sharing a part of yourself. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Abby. I am proud of you and your faith in Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs