Chalkpaint Furniture D.I.T.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I'm not much of a D.I.Yer. but I love making things with people...especially my mom! My mom loves furniture, so while I was home for the weekend, I wanted to make something special with her. I must admit,  she did most of the work. I picked out things I wanted and worked alongside her, but she was the one to keep this little project going. 

Before 
This was the desk/bookshelf in our attic that I was eager to transform!

During
We made the chalkpaint for this project. It was very simple to make and it only required water, plaster of Paris, and flat paint. After we put a few coats on, we  my mom rubbed it with wax to protect the finish. 

The finished product
I love the soft finish of this desk and bookshelf combo. The knobs were from the clearance section at Anthropology and I really dig them. I can't wait to use this desk in the future! 

Curious why we used ChalkPaint? Read more about it.

Do you like customizing furniture? Feel free to link up projects you have made or like in the comments! I would love to see them.

1 comment :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs