A Chelsea Art Gallery

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Yesterday I found out about the David Zwirner Gallery and I was super intrigued. The exhibit I saw closes next weekend so I decided to go today even though the snow was piling down. Once I arrived at the gallery the exhibit I really wanted to see had a 5 hour wait, so opted for the other line and waited a half an hour to see "I who have arrived in Heaven." We were allowed in the gallery for 1 minute and then we had to leave. I spent the whole time taking pictures. The objects are balloon-like statues that change color. The walls are made of mirrors. The lady with the red hair is Yayoi Kusama, the artist.


This is the Infinity Room (the other exhibit). I was hoping to see it, but I knew that I would freeze and starve if I had to wait in line for 5 hours. 
Oh, but it looks amazing. I can only imagine.
Take a Vertigo Inducing Walk into the Infinite Inside Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Rooms at David Zwirner in New York installation
Imagery courtesy David Zwirner Gallery, Steven Meidenbauer, and Rebecca Dale Photography. (via designboom)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs