A Birthday Cupcake

Thursday, April 24, 2014


Birthday cupcake? What are you talking about? It's not your birthday. Do you even like cupcakes?

Well, this is my way of holding myself accountable to not eat desserts until my birthday on June 22nd. Last year I did a 6 week sugar fast, and it was easier than I thought. I'm going to do it again this year because my body needs it. I'm pretty convinced that sugar contributes to things like acne, fatigue, sickness, and weight gain. I also love the self-control that I develop from fasting from something. I suppose I could have done this fast for lent, but I wasn't motivated enough to do it then. There are also no "sugar holidays" between now and my birthday which will make it easier. 

Rules:
  • I can't eat foods where sugar or corn syrup is included in the first 5 ingredients
  • I can let breakfast slide 1x a week. Say I really want a muffin, and that's my only breakfast option, I'll do it. I need to have a little slack with breakfast because eating an egg isn't always realistic. However, donuts or chocolate-filled croissants (etc.) are not acceptable. I ultimately want to give up desserts for the next 2 months.
  • Artificial sweeteners are okay. Mainly because I need Diet Coke to survive on certain weekdays. #6amlife
I don't really want to publish this, but if I don't I probably won't make it through this fast. That's the nice thing about putting your life on the interweb. So here it goes. Let's make it happen! To hold myself extra accountable, I'll be posting about the fast in some capacity probably once a week. 


Have you ever done a fast? Do you have resources or tips? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs