More than a Sentence

Friday, June 8, 2012

"The Days are Long, but the Years are Short." -a quote from my one-sentence journal

In my case, the days are long and the weeks are short. This week was fast. I still can't believe it's Friday. Every night I write in my "one-sentence journal" to remember my days, because my life moves along, and I don't want to forget things. I like writing a sentence, it's very easy. Anyways....
As I look at this practice on a deeper level, I realize that one day my life will just be sentences. Life will be done, and I won't be here any longer.  The things I did will be left as sentences in that journal. I guess what I am getting at is that I can't let the things I do on Earth just simply be "sentence-worthy." They need to be "kingdom worthy." The things I do need to not just be for me. They can't just be of this earth. I can't take earthly things to Heaven. Sadly, most of the time my sentences are earthly and no more. They are about tests, activities, what I did, who I saw, and even the weather (lame).
I hope to drift away from those things being the only things worthy for the journal that I will keep for the rest of my earthly life.
A verse- But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. Matthew 6:20
My journal. My past.

2 comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs