You're here

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Image from Naptime Diaries
June, you're finally here. I was dreaming about you in March. You seemed so far away, but now you've arrived. Summer is starting. School is almost ending. Change is happening. And that just makes me happy. Today was a beautiful day in the city and a true Sabbath day for me-- Especially after a long day of work yesterday.

What does the month of June look like for me?

  • June is my last month in East Harlem. In July I'm off to the Upper West Side for the remainder of the Summer (more on this later?)
  • June is the month of my birthday.
  • June is graduation month from City Year. June 20th is my last day!
  • I'll have special visitors this month. Aunt B and Auryanna, I can't wait!
  • I'm hoping this blog might pick up the pace a little more this month as well. In May I focused on friendships and work. I also went on a week long vacation, so the month just whizzed by.
  • Sugar fast: I hate it to say it, but I quit that. I made it almost a month, but then I went to Florida and I couldn't keep it up. I successfully made it through a 6 week sugar fast in 2013, but not this time. It was hard and I'm glad I kept it up for the time I did. 
What are you looking forward to this June?



1 comment :

  1. Wow it looks like June will be a big month! Yay for summertime!! And no worries about quitting a sugar fast, it seems like you did it for awhile this time! Sweets are too good to pass up sometimes, but everything in moderation is good! I'm excited to hear updates about everything :)

    xo, gina

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs