10 Days?!

Sunday, May 4, 2014

I guess I started the sugar fast 10 days ago. I thought it's only been 5 days. Weird how that happens. I've been pleased with my ability to say no to so many foods. This week at work the desserts and treats kept rolling in. There were two birthdays, multiple potlucks, donuts for breakfast... my coworkers love their sugar! I still said no to it all.
What have I done instead?
Fruit! I bought 6 cartons of blackberries (sadly, I finished those 6 cartons in 2 days. I was desperate), tons of grapefruit, strawberries, mangoes, bananas, all that good stuff. I've made some yummy smoothies too. This morning I had an avocado-blueberry-banana-smoothie. It was creamy and sweet. 

I've been inspired by recipes from inmybowl.com. I definitely want to try making the green grapefruit smoothie and Peanutbutter Banana Smoothie.

The hard stuff:
I'm pretty sure I cheated when I started drinking lemonade and realized it wasn't sugar-free. 
I had dried clementines that tasted way too sweet. I looked on the ingredients and saw they had sugar in them. I guess dried fruit isn't always natural.
I had a little bit of sugar free dark chocolate. Is that cheating??? 

The other hard part about doing a sugar fast is filling the void. Filling the void looks like eating extra carbs or dairy. grrr.

Stay strong, Abby. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs