24

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My students like to break out in little discussions trying to figure out how old I am. I just listen, but don't answer. I made a promise to myself to not tell any of them my age. I don't want to risk losing respect, which is so hard to hold onto with these students. They probably think 24 because 24 is the oldest you can be to do City year. Who knows what they would say if there wasn't an age limit? :) They ask if I have kids at home. They ask about my relationationship status. It just doesn't stop. 
Maybe they guess 24 simply because I look weathered come 4 pm on a Tuesday. I might have to agree....


This is me on the subway after the school  day and 2.5 hours of our after school program:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs