2 lessons, 2 blessings

Saturday, August 4, 2012

The title of this post is a writing prompt from a book I'm reading. I'm just going to write about 2 lessons from the day and 2 blessings. Simple enough.
Lessons:
  1. Don't buy a dipped ice-cream cone for a two-year old at the Uptown Art fair if it's 90+ degrees. You would think a dipped ice-cream cone would be the perfect treat for a hot day, but it's not. Within minutes the ice-cream was sprinkled all over her because of the heat and because she was 2.  I couldn't do much to clean her up because there was people everywhere. I was carrying her artwork that she just made and if I would have set it down it would have blown away.  But then it got to a point where she was sick of walking, and I wasn't super excited about carrying a sticky and sweaty 2-year old around so we walked into a big biffy and used a ton of hand sanitizer to remove the ice-cream residue. A little gross, I know, but it worked. Oh, and the ice cream cone had to be thrown away after a few minutes because it was turning into a ice cream waterfall.
  2. It's good to ask for help, but sometimes you should oh, I don't know: look! I went up to an information desk person to ask where Lagoon Avenue was, and I kid you not, I was virtually standing on it, and the street signs in uptown are huge, so if I would have taken a second to look where I was before I asked where to go, I would have seen that I am right where I need to be. But hey, my ignorance (stupidity) made the guy laugh.
Blessings:
  1. Aside from the ice-cream incident, the fair was fun. I enjoy taking children on little adventures, so it was a blessing that I was able to go there on this hot day instead of a playground or something generic. The young girl also had fun making a print, winning a prize, and walking around.
  2. I got to babysit two young girls that I only see a few times a year. They are wonderful, and they play so well. I love their family, and it's refreshing to be around young kids who don't fight or squabble, and can do creative play with me for hours at a time. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs